Name: Doural Tinto
Variety: Tinto Cao, Touriga Nacional
Region: Douro
Country: Portugal
Year: None Given
Price: $8.95
Critic's Review: This Portuguese tinto (red) blend exhibits a deep red color with violet hues. The nose is vibrant and fruity. The palate offers notes of spice, cherry, and dark berry supported by good structure. Paris well with re or game meat, cheeses, and fish.
My Take on Things: The color of the wine has a slight purple hue making me think that it must be on the younger side. I initially smelled vanilla and spice. Once I tasted the wine, I noticed it was extremely smooth with no to very slight tannins. I tasted spices and dark fruits like cherry. The most interesting thing about this wine to me was the finish. It had almost a tang to it that caught me so off guard that I had to turn to my fiance and best friend who I was tasting with to verify this strange sensation. I didn't enjoy the lack of tannins and really didn't think this wine had any real depth.
No comments:
Post a Comment