Name: Boas Vinhas Tinto
Variety: Touriga Nacional, Alforcheiro, Tinto Roriz
Region: Dao
Country: Portugal
Year: 2009
Price: $9.95
Critic's Review: Deep bright violet and red color. rich in aromas of red fruits as plums and strawberries. Its intense yet docile and fleshy taste fills the palate without roughness, leaving a pleasant sensation.
My Take on Things: When I initially smelled this wine, I could tell that it had some age on it just by the wood aromas. Upon my first sip, this suspicion was confirmed by the earthy flavor of aged oak. I thought this wine was somewhat acidic with dark fruit flavors. I tasted slight plum flavors but, honestly, all this wine really tasted like was flat red wine that had been aged. It had no true depth or distinguishing qualities besides its intense tannins which instantly dried out my whole mouth to the point that it felt as if I'd just woken up after a night downtown and had forgotten to drink any water before falling asleep. The lack of flavors in this wine certainly could not come anywhere close to standing up or even alongside the extreme tannins.
No comments:
Post a Comment